Hertz Controls (India) Pvt. Ltd. is introducing our new Product Cold Rolling Mill. The Cold Rolling Mills are used for reducing the thickness of sheet/ strip/ coils of various metals to the desired thickness and to improve various properties like surface finish, strength, thickness tolerances and achieving required hardness like full hard, half hard, quarter hard etc. Normally, these mills are made in 4Hi, 2Hi and 6Hi configurations
The machines are designed in compliance with advanced technological standards in order to achieve better formability, finish, precise dimensions and strength of the material. Various parts of the mill like the Rolls, Housings, Gear Box, Screw Down and drive system are matched properly to give optimum performance with minimal down time in maintenance and repairs.
In reversing cold mills the tension reels are placed on both ends of a single- or two-mill-stand arrangement. Due to the reversing rolling passes, production efficiency is lower than that of a tandem mill. However, because the rolling parameters can be quickly changed for each coil, reversing cold mills are especially suitable for the small-lot production of various product types. The size of the mill equipment is also smaller, which allows easier access to mill equipment and machinery for maintenance purposes. Due to their simpler design, reversing mills can be more easily stopped and restarted. They are also less expensive to purchase and operate.
Get a Free Quote
4 Hi Cold Rolling Mills
- Heavily reinforced Stand Housings machined to closest tolerances (Window Size within 0.04 mm)
- Rolls made of forged alloy steel having high hardness (62+ HRC)
- Rolls running on Spherical Roller Bearings fitted in C-45 grade steel cast housings with labyrinth sealing arrangement
- Screw Down with Bronze Nut & Buttress threaded Alloy Steel Screw
- Extra heavy duty Gear Box cum Pinion Stand with hardened output shafts
- Universal type Coupling Spindles with Slipper Pads for drive from Gear Box to Rolls
- Roll removal trolley system for easy replacement of Rolls
Get a Free Quote
The advantages of skin-pass mills (also known as temper mills) from Hertz Controls India Pvt. Ltd. include full compliance with tight strip elongation tolerances; excellent flatness performance; high surface quality with respect to roughness, peak count and low residuals; and the availability of wet and dry skin-passing modes. Hertz Controls( India )Pvt. Ltd. supplies stand-alone and inline skin-pass mills in either single- or two-stand design for adjusting the final mechanical properties, flatness and surface finish of cold-rolled strip. Due to its higher rolling forces, the 6 high UCM-Mill is the preferred skin-pass mill solution to meet the
Continually increasing demands placed on strip flatness, elongation and roughness, especially for hard-material grades
Get a Free Quote
- Tight strip elongation tolerances
- Excellent flatness performance
- High surface quality (roughness, peak count, low residuals)
- Possibility of wet and dry skin-passing modes
- High speed roll changing
Ask For Price
Pickling is a metal surface treatment used to remove impurities, such as stains, inorganic contaminants, rust or scale from ferrous metals, copper, precious metals and aluminum alloys. A solution called pickle liquor, which contains strong acids, is used to remove the surface impurities. It is commonly used to descale or clean steel in various steelmaking processes.
Once the hot-band coil leaves the hot mill it goes through a series of value-added processing steps. The first of which is pickling which involves unwinding the steel and running it through a series of hydrochloric acid tanks and rinse tanks.
The primary acid used is hydrochloric acid, although sulfuric acid was previously more common. Hydrochloric acid is more expensive than sulfuric acid, but it pickles much faster while minimizing base metal loss.
Carbon steels, with an alloy content less than or equal to 6%, are often pickled in hydrochloric or sulfuric acid. Steels with an alloy content greater than 6% must be pickled in two steps and other acids are used, such as phosphoric, nitric and hydrofluoric acid. Rust- and acid-resistant chromium-nickel steels are pickled in a bath of hydrochloric and nitric acid. Most copper alloys are pickled in dilute sulfuric acid, but brass is pickled in concentrated sulfuric and nitric acid mixed with sodium chloride and soot.
Sheet steel that undergoes acid pickling will oxidize (rust) when exposed to atmospheric conditions of moderately high humidity. For this reason, a thin film of oil or similar waterproof coating is applied to create a barrier to moisture in the air. This oil film must later be removed for many fabrication, plating or painting processes.
To achieve the highest strip cleanliness and high surface quality with a reliable and cost-efficient process Hertz controls (India )Pvt. Ltd. offers modular continuous and Push-Pull Pickling Lines. They are supplied with compact Scale Breakers and customers have the choice of different pickling concepts (i Box, turbulent shallow or flat tanks).
Push-Pull Pickling Lines
For the pickling of up to 1,000,000 tons of strip per year depending on the product mix, Push-Pull Pickling Lines offer significant advantages in terms of investment costs and operational flexibility (frequent change of strip dimensions and steel grades) with uniquely designed V-shape flat pickling tanks.
Get a Free Quote
- Broad range of pickling technology available to cope with customer expectation
- Modular design to optimize operation and maintenance practices and cost
- High efficient pickling rates to achieve a surface clean and free of scale
- Special anti-stain system that does not require chemical additives
- Energy efficient design of the fume extraction and sealing system
- Entry storage saddle at Pay off with coil car
- Pay off reel
- Peeler Unit
- High Mill Stand
- Delivery Shear
- Coil Car at Recoiler with storage saddles
- Hydraulic Systems (High & Low pressure with valve stands)
- Circulation Oil Lubrication System
- Electrical System
- Digital Roll Force Control System
Ask For Price